Hello and welcome!
*Pssst, wanna know a secret? George Byte isn't my real name (🎶 tam tam taaam 😮).*
But wait, don't be mad at me for lying to you, my name is really similar, I promise!
You see, I come from Slovenia and Slovenian parents are exceptionally good at coming up with names that sound great when pronounced by Slovenian speakers, but are almost impossible to pronounce correctly by everybody else.
I did some back-of-the-envelope math and estimated that less then 0.0003% of people on Earth can speak Slovenian (probably less on other planets). I had to get creative.
Don't believe me? Go ahead, try and say Jure Bajt correctly ...
🔈*BEEP* Wrong! (99.9997% of the time, I'm sorry if you belong to the other 0.0003% 😇)
As I was saying, I had to get creative and come up with a pseudonym. Something easy to pronounce and remember. Like, hmm, George Byte!
- Slovenian name Jure originates from Greek name Georgios, which is translated into English as George.
- Slovenian word "bajt" is used to name a unit of 8 bits in computer science - a byte (it seems that my great-great-[...]-great-grandfather set me up to be a software engineer long time ago when choosing the family name 🤓).
So, Jure == George and Bajt == Byte. As I've promised, really similar! You can trust me now.
And to help you trust me even more, I will share some other details about my life with you:
- I'm a full stack web engineer who really likes front-end development (check out the article about my career journey).
- I'm a husband and a father.
- I'm a geek.
- When I'm not behaving like a regular geek, I like to lift weights, hike, read, play the guitar, swing-dance, pretend I'm Johnny Bravo etc. (proof provided in the photo below)
I believe you should trust me enough at this point to not be scared of connecting with me on Twitter. Don't worry, not all of my writings are as cringey as this one.
Have a great day!