- I have extensive experience with development of websites and SPAs. I've build complex web applications from the ground up as well as inherited large legacy SPAs and improved them piece by piece while making sure they continue to work undisturbed in production, with new features added to them continuously.
- Because of my broad knowledge of front-end development and good software engineering practices, I've been able to greatly improve the quality of (front-end) work in teams I've worked with. This led me to becoming a front-end lead at Zemanta.
- As a front-end lead I've been responsible for setting up new SPAs, making decisions about which technologies to use and application design/architecture (also implementing them in practice, including large gradual refactorings). I've been involved in designing basically every feature the teams added to front-end apps. I always tried to use these designing/consulting sessions to share as much of my knowledge as possible with the team. I've done a lot of mentoring (which I love to do!), be it in the form of in-depth design and code reviews, presentations for my team, articles and many answered articles' comments (e.g. articles about state management or scalable web app architecture) or talks at JS meetups.
- Although I'm most proficient with Angular framework, my good understanding of how the browser works and my knowledge of component based architecture and different ways of state management enable me to quickly pick up any development stack and be productive with it.
- I'm passionate about delivering good UX and I really enjoy creating UIs that "make sense" and look good.
- I strive to follow best practices for creating responsive and accessible web apps. I explored these topics in my diploma thesis and got a lot of practice from creating more than 20 different designs for web shops built on DRAGON Ticketing platform earlier in my career.
- Some of the more interesting/complex widgets I've implemented include:
APIs and back-end development
- Throughout my career I've implemented and delivered many product features in a "full-stack manner" - from database layer (PostgreSQL, MySQL), to application layer (Python with Django framework, Java/Kotlin with Spring framework), to rendered UI.
- I've designed and implemented REST API endpoints and connected them to front-end applications.
- I have some experience with AWS and S3 - I've created a video upload widget which uploads a video from the browser directly to S3 bucket using presigned URLs and converts it into multiple formats with Amazon Elastic Transcoder.
Developer experience and CI/CD pipelines
I've set up local development environments using Docker which enabled new team members to be up and running with a single
- I've integrated build processes for front-end applications in many deployment pipelines (e.g. using Jenkins).
- I've introduced linters and code formatters in development environments and deployment pipelines.
My other skills and facts about me
- I can't imagine developing and maintaining an application without Git and good test coverage (unit and e2e tests).
- I'm used to work in close collaboration with product managers and designers.
- I've been a valuable contributor to hiring process design at Zemanta and have interviewed many candidates in technical interviews.
- I helped to shape and implement the development process (variation of scrum) in my team at Zemanta.
- I don't like to do things half-assed 🧐
- I'm highly organized and self-motivated.
- I like to constantly be learning something new, reading a bunch of books and keeping up to date with developments in IT industry and web development.
- I have some experience with remote work and overcoming the challenges it introduces.