- I have extensive experience with development of web applications. I've led teams and helped build complex web applications from the ground up as well as inherited large legacy SPAs and improved them piece by piece while making sure they continue to work undisturbed in production, with new features added to them continuously.
- Because of my broad knowledge of front-end development and good software engineering practices, I've been able to greatly improve the quality of (front-end) code and architecture in teams I've worked with. This led me to the front-end lead role at Zemanta and later tech lead role at 13|37.
- Although I'm most proficient with React and Angular, my good understanding of how internet/ browsers work, my knowledge of component based architecture and different ways of state management enable me to quickly pick up any development stack and be productive with it.
- I'm passionate about delivering good UX and I really enjoy crafting UIs that "make sense" and look good.
- I strive to follow best practices for creating responsive and accessible web apps. I explored these topics in my diploma thesis and got a lot of practice from creating more than 20 different designs for web shops built on DRAGON Ticketing platform earlier in my career.
- Some interesting/complex widgets I've implemented include:
APIs and back-end development
Some of the technologies I've used on a daily basis to build application back-ends and APIs include:
- Node.js + Express, Python + Django, Java/Kotlin + Spring framework, Firebase
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, Firestore, BigQuery
- GCP and AWS clouds (streaming solutions, FaaS, storage buckets etc.)
Developer experience, monitoring and CI/CD pipelines
- I have good knowledge of Docker and have used it to setup local and deployed environments. I also have some experience with Terraform to manage infrastructure as code.
- I've setup a few fairly complex CI/CD pipelines (e.g. using Jenkins or GitHub Actions).
- I've helped with setting up monitoring and alerting using Google Cloud Operations (Stackdriver), Grafana and Sentry.
My other skills and facts about me
- Throughout my career I've took ownership of and delivered many product features. This included not only the design and implementation work, but also a lot of collaboration with product owners, users, UX specialists, engineers, data analysts and other stakeholders to make sure the right solution gets implemented for a specific end-user need.
- As a team/tech lead I believe in trusting my teammates to develop solutions in an empowered manner (no micromanaging), offering support when needed and helping steering development processes to increase team effectiveness and sense of ownership.
- I've done a lot of mentoring and knowledge sharing (which I love to do!), be it in the form of in-depth design and code reviews, workshops for my teams, articles and many answered comments (e.g. articles about state management or scalable web app architecture) or talks at JS meetups.
- I've been a valuable contributor to hiring process design at both 13|37 and Zemanta and have interviewed more than 30 candidates in technical interviews over the past 3 years.
- I don't like to do things half-assed 🧐
- I'm highly organized and self-motivated.
- I like to constantly be learning something new, reading a bunch of books and keeping up to date with developments in IT industry and web development.
- I've worked in remote work arrangements for the past 3 years and I'm used to async communication.